Nanaimo Yacht Club – Senior Sailing Instructor 2018
Senior Sailing Instructor – School groups; summer camps and foreign visitor programs.
Nanaimo Yacht Club (NYC) Sailing School is a not for profit organization that promotes competitive and recreational sailing. Nanaimo Yacht Club Sailing School provide CANSail dinghy, Paddle Canada Kayak and International Yacht Training Power & Sail Yachting Courses for ages 5 through adult. Our Sail Canada and International Yacht Training certified sailing school is active throughout the spring, summer and fall. April through October we provide internationally recognised sailing certifications, junior race teams, kayaking and paddle board trips.
All are supported by Sail Canada and International Yacht Training certified coaching staff.
NYC junior members and school staff can use our fleet of Club owned Optimist and 420 dinghies, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and keelboats which are stored on the docks with direct access to Nanaimo harbour.
This is a position for a senior instructor to join our summer team working with our summer sailing camps. You will be employed 30 – 40 hours a week in June and 40 hours a week through July and August. Whilst this will be mainly day time Monday through Friday you may be required to work evenings and weekends as required. You will answer directly to the School Manager.
- EITHER – Trained or Certified to CANSail 3/4 instructor (level 5/6 instructor a distinct advantage) with 2 year full time experience.
- CANSail instructor membership in good standing for 2018.
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Standard First Aid
- CANSail Safety Boat Certificate
- VHF certificate
Candidates must have a mature attitude, be a team player and willing to take on responsibility. Our instructors are required to have a friendly, trustworthy and honest personality.
Duties. Your duties will include –
- Delivery of CANSail training to level at which you are qualified
- Preparation of equipment
- Attending weekly team briefings
- Attending training sessions and school events
- Cleaning equipment and training facilities
- Moving club safety boats
- Reporting damaged equipment promptly
- Maintenance of equipment and dock space
- Talking to parents
- Supervising children age 6 to 19 years old
- Comply with all on and off water safety procedures
- Report all health and safety concerns, hazards or suggestions promptly
Wages and benefits.
You will be paid a competitive hourly wage depending on qualifications and experience + 4% holiday pay and a season end performance bonus of $1 per hour of the total hours worked.
Mentorship from our School Director.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter/email to email@example.com by March 16.