2018 Okanagan Women’s Regatta
Join us to Celebrate the 11th Annual Okanagan Women’s Regatta to be held at the Kelowna Yacht Club located on beautiful Okanagan Lake.
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020, the Prescriptions of Canada and the Rules and Regulations of Class Associations.
- The regatta is open to all sailboats with keels, helmed and crewed by women. A male coach is allowed but may not physically assist.
- Requests for registration should be made by email to email@example.com. Skipper and crew need to register separately. The fees may be paid at the registration desk during registration times, or by e-transfer at the above mentioned email address.
- Each skipper must show proof of liability insurance to the amount of $2,000,000. An onboard cell phone number is also required. VHF radios are recommended.
- Depending on the number of entrants we hope to have 2 fleets:
PHRF fleet women only
PHRF fleet with one male coach on board
Scoring system for the PHRF fleet is PHRF – BC time on time. Boats must have a current BC Sailing PHRF Certificate.
- Printed sailing instructions and course sheets will be available after 3 pm on Friday July 6, 2018 at the registration desk.
- Fees: $80 per participant. Coaches do not pay the registration fee. Fees include a t-shirt and a full meal package. The full meal package will include continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday, dock BBQ on Friday night, Saturday night dinner and BBQ lunch on Sunday. Additional Saturday night dinner tickets will be available to purchase separately. Saturday night dinner tickets $30 each, additional BBQ and breakfast meals by donation on the docks.
- Schedule of Events:
Friday Registration 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Friday Dock BBQ and music 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Saturday registration 7:30 to 8:30 am
Saturday Continental breakfast 7:30 to 9:00 am
Saturday Skipper’s meeting 9:00 am
Saturday First Warning Signal 10:30 am
Saturday Dinner and music 6:30 pm
Saturday Prize draw 8:30pm
Sunday Continental Breakfast 7:30 to 8:30 am
Sunday First Warning Signal 9:30 am
No races started after 12:30 pm
Sunday BBQ on dock 2:00 pm approximately
Sunday Awards 2:30 pm approximately
- Low point scoring system will be used, with one throw out for every 4 races completed.
- Prizes will be given to the top 3 boats in each fleet.
For further information regarding moorage, billeting or additional meal tickets and to register
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org