CANSail Program Head Instructor-Deep Cove Yacht Club
Position: Summer CANSail program Head Instructor
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Date: Around the 24th June 2019
Deep Cove Yacht Club’s Learn to Sail program has an opening for a head instructor for our summer sailing programme for a seasonal summer position. Our program runs from the 2nd July to the 23rd August, 2019.
The successful candidate will coach sailing for children and youth according to the CANSail curriculum. This is an excellent opportunity for people looking to further develop their instructing abilities through full-time employment on the beautiful waters of Deep Cove, North Vancouver.
- Previous Head Instructor experience
- Certified CANSail 1/2 or 3/4 coach
- Hold a current Emergency Fist Aid with CPR certification (i.e. through St. John’s Ambulance, Red Cross, etc.) or its equivalent
- Valid PCOC
- Hold an authorized boat rescue certificate
- Demonstrates qualities including (but not limited to): person management, sailing program management, excellent communicator, high level of safety consciousness, flexibility, and enthusiasm.
Previous experience as a head instructor is required as well as experience of coaching Children sailing. Wages will be determined based on the successful applicants experience. For further information please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com where it will be reviewed Deep Cove’s Learn to Sail Committee.