Mobile Optimist Sailing School (MOSS) CANSail Instructors
BC Sailing – CANSail Instructors for MOSS
Position: Multiple positions available for Mobile Optimist Sailing School
BC Sailing is seeking experienced and self-reliant instructors to run MOSS programming around the province for nine- and thirteen- week positions. Preference will be given to applicants who are eligible to receive the Canada Summer Jobs Grant.
Minimum qualifications required:
- Trained (certified preferable) CANSail 1 & 2 Instructor or higher
- Standard first aid or equivalent
- Valid PCOC
- Boat Safety certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Results-oriented, able to set priorities and deliver consistently to a high professional standard
- Strong, open communicator
- Excellent organizational skills
- Aligned with BC Sailing’s mission, vision, and values
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to make recommendations and to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Experience working with tools and light machinery
- Experience driving vehicles with a trailer
Our programs start in June with school and community groups. Summer camps run Monday through to Friday in July and August. MOSS instructors travel around the province, visiting a variety of communities throughout BC and Yukon. Working with MOSS is a unique way to experience our beautiful province, while working with keen new sailors.
Start date: June 3, 2019 or June 24, 2019 (dates may be flexible for the right candidate)
End date: August 30, 2019
Wages are competitive, including opportunity for professional development and paid training.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
Please submit your cover letter and résumé along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before noon on February 15, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kids aged 6 – 14 are invited to Learn to Sail with BC Sailing’s Mobile Optimist Sailing School (MOSS) which travels to over a dozen selected communities throughout BC and Yukon each summer.
Our Sail Canada endorsed camps provide affordable, fun, safe, and educational day-camps for youth both on and off the water.
There are two programs offered:
- Summer Camps: 5 days of sailing and kayaking activities throughout July and August (age range varies depending on location)
- School program: Introductory sailing programs for school classes Kindergarten through Grade 6 during the month of June.