Sailing Instructor – Whistler Sailing Association
Spend the summer doing the best job in Whistler! WSA is looking for a mature and experienced individuals to run our Adult Programs & Kids & Youth Sailing Camps for the 2019 season. Full Time positions and Part Time positions available. The successful candidate will have:
- Sail Canada certified or equivalent (courses available in Vancouver)
- Have experience teaching sailing to adults and/or kids
- Hold a current Emergency Fist Aid with CPR certification (i.e. through St. John’s Ambulance, Red Cross, etc.) or it’s equivalent
- Valid Pleasure Craft Operators Card (PCOC) and hold an authorized boat rescue certificate
- Demonstrates qualities including (but not limited to): safety awareness, flexibility, time management, and leadership
- Office/Admin experience is an asset
WSA is located on Alta Lake in Whistler BC, underneath Blackcomb and Whistler Mountains. Sailors in Whistler boast multi-sport days, whether it is skiing, biking, hiking, sailing or other water sports. In Whistler, it can all be done in the same day within view of the other activities. Alta Lake acts like a funnel from notoriously windy Squamish so we get regular timed thermals hitting our shores every day – it’s very rare for sailing to be cancelled due to lack of wind.
WSA offers CANSail accredited summer camps for kids and teens of all ages, as well as Adult courses, community drop-in days and racing clinics for our members. We are looking for all levels of CANSail coaches who have a passion for sailing and enjoy passing that on to others.
Wage commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Attn Francois Hebert, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.