BC Sailing Job Posting – MOSS Instructors
Position: Multiple positions available for Mobile Optimist Sailing School
Dates: June 1 or July 1 to August 28 (9 or 13 week positions)
The Mobile Opti Sailing School is an outstanding opportunity for the right independent and adventure loving sailing instructor. You and another coach will spend the summer travelling around beautiful and remote areas of British Columbia and the Yukon running sailing courses for small communities. This job will make life long memories for a coach who wants a once in a life time experience.
Applications can be sent to Matthew@bcsailing.bc.ca, coaching duos may apply together. Please include cover letter and résumé along with salary expectations before noon ET 15 February 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Minimum qualifications required:
- Certified CANSail 1 & 2 Instructor or higher
- Standard first aid or equivalent
- Boat Safety certification
- Valid PCOC
- Enhanced Police Information Check if over 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills required:
- Results-oriented, able to set priorities and deliver consistently to a high professional standard
- Strong, open communicator
- Excellent organizational skills
- Aligned with BC Sailing’s mission, vision, and values
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to make recommendations and to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations
- Experience working with tools and light machinery
- Experience driving vehicles with a trailer
Our programs start in June with school and community groups in Vancouver. Summer camps run from Monday through to Friday in July and August.
Wages are competitive, including opportunity for professional development and paid training.
Kids aged 6 – 14 are invited to Learn to Sail at with BC Sailing’s Mobile Optimist Sailing School (MOSS) which travels to over a dozen selected communities throughout BC and Yukon each summer.
Our Sail Canada endorsed camps provide affordable, fun, safe, and educational day-camps for youth both on and off the water.
There are two programs offered:
- Summer Camps: 5 days of sailing and kayaking activities throughout July and August (age range varies depending on location)
- School program: Introductory sailing programs for school classes Kindergarten through Grade 6 during the month of June.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Matthew@bcsailing.bc.ca