Sailing Team Senior Coach
The Comox Bay Sailing Club is seeking an individual to lead our Competitive Sailing Team. The Team trains in Optimists, Lasers, and 420s.
- Coaching athletes to improve their sailing and racing abilities
- Promote the philosophy of sport for life
- Club membership promotion and participant recruitment
- Communicate program requirements with athletes regularly
- Respond to CBSC Sailing Team communications and queries
- Support other sailing coaches as needed
- Coordination and planning support for regattas and other events involving the Sailing Team
- Attend monthly Board Meetings when requested
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Preference will be given to someone with proven coaching experience as a Sailing Race Team Coach
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be familiar with and knowledgeable of the CBSC Emergency Action Plan, Safety Procedure, and relevant CBSC policies and procedures, including new Covid-19 policies
- Adhere to the National Coaching Certificate Program and Sail Canada Code of Ethics
- Hold a valid and current: PCOC, ROC-M + DSC, Coach Boat Safety, Standard First Aid
- Be a Sail Canada Certified coach.
We offer wages that are commensurate with experience.
Start Date: April 11 2023
Start date flexibility will be considered in order to bring on the right member for our team.
The Comox Valley offers a strong sports and arts community, low cost of living, four-season recreation, ease of accommodation and transportation, all in an area of outstanding natural beauty together with the west coast lifestyle.
Please go to www.ComoxBaySailingClub.ca to learn more about our club and community.
Please respond by February 15th 2023; indicate “Sailing Team Head Coach Position” in your email subject and attach your cover letter outlining why this position interests you and what sets you apart, together with your resume and references to:
CBSC Volunteer Sailing Team Director