We are an active, inclusive sailing club looking for a Summer Senior Sailing Instructor eager to share their passion for sailing and racing. If you are interested in working in the Okanagan Valley, one of the most beautiful sailing locations in BC, consider joining our team. We run CAN Sail and Racing programs using 420s, Lasers, Bytes, Picos and Bugs with a staff of 4-5 coaches. Our Instructors are supported by a team of committed volunteers who help make it all possible.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Educational Requirements:
· Currently Certified as a CAN Sail Instructor with at least three years coaching experience.
· Demonstrated to be responsible and passionate about coaching dinghy sailing.
· Team player who enjoys working independently in a collaborative setting.
· Adheres to the National Coaching Certificate Program and CAN Sail Code of Conduct.
· Experience of working with First Nations or completion of Aboriginal Sport Circle coaching course is an advantage.
· Excellent time-management and organizational skills; verbal and written communication skills.
· Detail-oriented and efficient with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Holds valid and current: PCOC, ROC-M + DSC, Coach Boat Safety, Standard First Aid with CPR C, Safe Sport Training and enhanced police information check if 18 years of age or older.
Start Date: July 3, 2023
Please go to www.sosailing.ca to learn more about our club.
For further general information or to submit your application to:
Learn to Sail Director Suzanne Hatcher: email@example.com