2023 Spring and Summer Programs Sailing Coaches – Comox Bay Sailing Club
- Coaching sailors to improve their sailing and water safety
- Deliver programs in a safe and professional manner
- Promote the association of fun with sailing
- Club membership promotion and participant recruitment
- Support other sailing coaches as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Preference will be given to someone with proven coaching experience as a CAN Sail Coach
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be familiar with and knowledgeable of the CBSC Emergency Action Plan, Safety Procedure, and relevant CBSC policies and procedures, including new Covid-19 policies
- Adhere to the National Coaching Certificate Program and Sail Canada Code of Ethics
- Hold a valid and current: PCOC, ROC-M + DSC, Coach Boat Safety, Standard First Aid
- Be a Sail Canada Certified coach.
We offer wages that are commensurate with experience.
Start Date: April 11, 2023 for the Spring and June 28th for the Summer.
Some start date flexibility will be considered to bring on the right member for our team.
The Comox Valley offers a strong sports and arts community, low cost of living, four-season recreation, ease of accommodation and transportation, all in an area of outstanding natural beauty together with the west coast lifestyle.
Please go to www.ComoxBaySailingClub.ca to learn more about our club and community.
Please respond by February 15th 2023; indicate “Spring and Summer Coaching Position” in your email subject and attach your cover letter outlining why this position interests you and what sets you apart, together with your resume and references to:
CBSC Sailing Team Director