Surrey Sailing Club – Summer 2022 Job Posting
Position Title: (CANSail) Sailing Instructor
The Surrey Sailing Club is immediately seeking trained or certified CANSail Instructors
to work with our Learn to Sail programs for the 2022 spring season (May-June). We are
one of the fastest-growing programs in Metro Vancouver. Our training fleet includes
Club 420s, RS Fevas, and Optimists; in which we run a variety of courses for youth and
adults. We believe in creating a supportive and collaborative environment to enable our
coaches to deliver a quality program to our students.
What are we looking for?
– A team player. Someone who can work with us, not just for us.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Someone who can work independently, and in a collaborative setting.
– Someone who is enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and demonstrates a true
passion for sailing.
– Dinghy racing experience is considered an asset.
– Working knowledge of Checklick for student evaluation is considered an asset.
– Applicants must hold a current and valid Sail Canada instructor
We offer competitive wages that are commensurate with experience. Free parking is
available onsite, and easy public transportation is available nearby. Instructor shirt
“uniforms” are provided for daily work use. Our instructors are also encouraged to
participate in club racing events. Applicants must be CANSail Instructors with valid
certified/trained status and all necessary prerequisites, as well as legally eligible to work
Start Date – ASAP
End dates(s) – June 24, 2022
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Annette Zacher (Vice Commodore)