Today is an exciting day for the sport of Sailing in British Columbia.
This is our initial understanding based on Step 1 of BC’s Restart Plan.
We expect additional guidance from Via Sport in the coming days and will communicate with members as information is updated.
Organized racing is now allowed.
- Physical distancing is no longer required for outdoor sport
- No restrictions on number of participants (subject to updates)
- Travel restrictions remain. Travel outside your travel region for athletic activities like games, competitions, training and practice is prohibited.
At this time our understanding is that competitors shall not travel between clubs. However, boats from multiple clubs may compete against one another on the water providing they depart from and return to their home marina.
- Social gatherings ashore should be limited to 10 people according to the Outdoor personal gatherings section of the PHO.
- Marinas and clubs must still maintain COVID safety protocols per PHO.
- No masks are required while racing
- Overnight racing shall not be organized at this stage
- Spectators are not currently allowed
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact BCSA by phone or email.